IN LIGHT OF COVID-19, WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED NEW PROCEDURES AND POLICIES. PLEASE READ BELOW FOR UPDATES.
- We are suspending all warehouse shopping AND walk-in shopping for the foreseeable future. Access to our warehouse is limited to Frankferd staff only.
- If you've placed an order for pickup, please stay in your vehicle and call our office from our parking lot when you arrive. We will bring your order out to your car for you. Credit card payment is required so there is no hand to hand contact with checks, cash, etc.
- Items in high demand will have a limit on the number of units that can be purchased per customer. We are committed to making sure there is enough to go around.
- We will not allow returns on products (other than items delivered incorrectly or damaged items) purchased after 3/13/20.
- It should go without saying, but yes, we are taking every measure to ensure that our facility stays safe & clean. We take great care in handling your food & supplies.
We appreciate your understanding. Please feel free to call us or to email us with any questions. Stay tuned for news regarding potential changes to our local delivery minimums in the coming weeks, as we want to do everything possible to help aid in the distribution of quality foods when they are needed most.
These are precarious and uncertain times. Stuff like this is a reminder that we are all connected, we all depend on one another for our well-being: we are only as strong as the weakest among us. Please do your best to help each other out. Have some extra food? Drop a quart of soup off at your neighbor’s home. Know of someone who can’t get to the grocery store for basic supplies? Do it for them. Don’t want to go out in public to your favorite restaurant? Order take-out or buy a gift card to use when things calm down. Thank anyone you know who works in the medical field. Share any extra supplies you may have. Support (in any way you can) the small local businesses who run on tight margins. WASH YOUR HANDS. Don’t buy more than you need. Slow down. Go outside. Enjoy the changing weather. Take care.
- We are no longer allowing customers into our facility. Walk-in shopping has been suspended for the foreseeable future. Pre-orders are required for pickup, and new pickup procedures will be communicated when you place your order.
- We are suspending all UPS/USPS shipments for the time being.
- Anything ordered or purchased on or after March 13 cannot be returned unless it is because of an order-pulling error on our end.
- When delivering, our drivers will not enter any buildings/homes/facilities unless completely necessary.
- Prepayment is preferred so no hand-to-hand contact has to take place.
- Our delivery routes have been abnormally large and complex given the recent influx of orders. Delivery times may fluctuate. Please be patient and flexible with changes. Excessive coordination requests (multiple calls ahead of delivery, changes in dropoff location or time, etc) cannot be honored.
- We are experiencing high call volume in our office and aren’t always able to answer the phone. If you have the capability to order online or email us with your questions rather than calling, please do so!
- We are getting hundreds of account requests on our website. We are trying our best to keep up, but our existing customers are our priority at the moment. If you haven’t received a response to your account request, please call our office.
- We are doing our best to keep our most in-demand items in stock, but there will likely be shortages on your order given the current supply delays.
- We are taking this day-by-day and doing the best we can to continue safely supplying our customers with what they need. We will notify you with changes to our service capabilities as necessary. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these new circumstances!
A third-generation family-owned business supplying natural and organic foods to families and businesses of the mid-Atlantic United States. Based in agricultural roots on our family’s organic farm, and growing into a distributorship of about 4,000 products with customers across the seven-state region.
In Western Pennsylvania, we use every sunbeam we can get.
Every pound of flour we grind is made with solar flour power, harvested from our solar panels!
Kilowatts of Solar Power Generated since 2011
How It Works
1. Create Account
Create an account with us, whether you’re a family, an individual, a business, a bakery, etc.
Use our online store or give us a call to place your order.
3. Get Yours
Pick up at our warehouse, have us deliver it to you, or ship it third party.
Cook a meal, break bread with friends, and enjoy every last bite!